The game of golf serves as an excellent way to exercise while promoting physical distancing, and we are striving to continue providing this opportunity without interruption. Golf and FootGolf operations remain available on our regular schedule.
As we navigate through these unprecedented times as responsibly as we can, we have implemented a number of safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. We are all committed to responsibly operating Walt Disney World® Golf.
Our focus remains on the health and safety of our facilities and those that frequent our premises – including the well-being of the Cast Members who care for our guests. We’re continuously evaluating new and enhanced safety measures to help us all stay well. We understand that these unprecedented times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can!
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Please follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World® Golf.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Walt Disney World® Golf, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Please assume the responsibility of keeping yourself and each other healthy!
For Guests arriving at our facilities, there are a number of key things to know before arriving at any of our golf facilities, and they include:
- We are continuing to clean and sanitize all golf cars and equipment before and after all rounds.
- Sand buckets have been reinstated on to the golf carts. Sand scoops will be replaced after each cart use, and sanitized accordingly. Beverage coolers have also been re-installed onto the golf carts.
- Flag sticks may be removed, but you can also choose to leave the flag sticks in the hole when putting.
- Ball washers have been removed from the course. Bunker rakes have been re-instated on to the golf courses. If you choose not to utilize them, a “preferred lie” ruling is in effect for when a ball lands within a sand bunker.
Cleanliness and Sanitization
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas such as our food and beverage operations as well as within our golf clubhouses. Handrails, benches, doors, tables, handles, restrooms and more are all being given routine scrutiny. Additionally, Walt Disney World® Golf is providing supplemental hand sanitizing locations, and Guests are encouraged to regularly wash their hands while visiting our facilities.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact Guest Services to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone
- You can pre-pay for your round of golf online by booking your tee time via this website. This will allow you to minimize the time spent in the golf shop upon arrival
As we considered appropriate physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials, we have amended normal operating protocols and services as deemed appropriate. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Guests and Cast Members at any given time for each location. Additional measures include:
- Informational signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout our property.
- Cast Members are trained to engage with Guests and promote appropriate physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
We’re further emphasizing our strong culture of health and safety among our Cast Members, and will continue to provide new training and reinforcement as we navigate through the different phases. As part of these efforts, Guests may see other changes to our retail and dining offerings. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to offer a magical Disney experience in a responsible way. Our staff have been directed to wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently, practice their own physical distancing, while avoiding but also addressing crowded areas.
Thank you for choosing to play Walt Disney World® Golf, we look forward to welcoming you to the “Happiest Place on TURF!” We appreciate your support and adherence to these protocols, your assistance will help us to offer a healthy and safe experience for all!
Please contact our reservations center at (407) 410-4212 if you have any additional questions. We recommend continuing to visit our website for further updates to our schedule.