The game of golf serves as an excellent way to exercise while promoting social distancing, and we are striving to continue providing this opportunity without interruption for the foreseeable future! Golf and FootGolf operations remain available on our regular schedule.
As we navigate through these unprecedented times as responsibly as we can, we have implemented a number of safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. We are all committed to responsibly operating Walt Disney World® Golf.
Our focus remains on the health and safety of our facilities and those that frequent our premises – including the well-being of the Cast Members who care for our guests. We’re continuously evaluating new and enhanced safety measures to help us all stay well. We understand that these unprecedented times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can!
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Please follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World® Golf.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Walt Disney World® Golf, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Please assume the responsibility of keeping yourself and each other healthy!
For Guests arriving at our facilities, there are a number of key things to know before arriving at any of our golf facilities, and they include:
- All Guests and Cast Members beginning on 6/20/20, until further notice, will be required to wear face coverings in public areas. This is a mandate due to the Executive Order enacted by the Orange County Government. All individuals entering the golf pro shop, restroom facilities, or utilizing our Food & Beverage outlets must have a face covering while in a populated public area. Once out on the golf course, or driving range facility, guests will no longer be required to wear their face covering while exercising.
- Ball washers have been removed from the course. Bunker rakes have been re-instated on to the golf courses. If you choose not to utilize them, a “preferred lie” ruling is in effect for when a ball lands within a sand bunker.
- Flag sticks may be removed, but you can also choose to leave the flag sticks in the hole when putting, as the bottom of the cup has been raised.
- Current Florida state policy allows people to gather, however physical-distancing is required from each other, as well as other parties. This policy includes dining as well as playing golf, so while we encourage our guests to enjoy themselves with family and friends, we also remind everyone to be diligent with their health and safety. In alignment with this policy, we will now be pairing family and friends in the same golf car. Playing guests that do not know each other will be given the option to pair up, or ride alone, both based upon their individual preference. We are continuing to clean and sanitize all golf cars before and after all rounds.
- Golf Cart Coolers are sanitized and have been removed from off of the golf carts. They are available for use by request at our Food & Beverage outlets adjacent to our golf clubhouses.
- Sand buckets have been reinstated on to the golf carts. Sand scoops will be replaced after each cart use, and sanitized accordingly.
- On-course water fountains are turned off at this time, and are not available for use. On-course ice machines have been turned back on for your use, however, there will be no cups provided at this time. You are welcome to bring your own.
- All guests entering into the Shades of Green Resort to play at Disney's Palm, Disney's Magnolia, or Disney's Oak Trail golf courses will encounter a temperature screening checkpoint where they will be required to adhere to the protocols before being permitted entry into each of those facilities!
Cleanliness and Sanitization
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas such as our food and beverage operations as well as within our golf clubhouses. Handrails, benches, doors, tables, handles, restrooms and more are all being given routine scrutiny. Additionally, Walt Disney World® Golf is providing supplemental hand sanitizing locations, and Guests are encouraged to regularly wash their hands while visiting our facilities.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact Guest Services to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
- You can pre-pay for your round of golf online by booking your tee time via this website. This will allow you to avoid the golf shop upon arrival
- At this time, we are requiring that all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options Credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, and mobile wallets such as Apple Pay can be utilized.
As we considered appropriate physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials, we have amended normal operating protocols and services as deemed appropriate. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Guests and Cast Members at any given time for each location. Additional measures include:
- Informational signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout our property. Additionally, ground markings will help promote proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
- We are training Cast Members to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
- Please maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from others at all times, and not congregate in groups of 10 or more persons.
- Reduced capacity by 50% at our Food & Beverage outlets. Tables have been removed for extra spacing.
We’re further emphasizing our strong culture of health and safety among our Cast Members, and will continue to provide new training and reinforcement as we navigate through the different phases. As part of these efforts, Guests may see other changes to our retail and dining offerings. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to offer a magical Disney experience in a responsible way. Our staff have been directed to wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently, practice their own social distancing, while avoiding but also addressing crowded areas.
Thank you for choosing to play Walt Disney World® Golf, we look forward to welcoming you to the “Happiest Place on TURF!” We appreciate your support and adherence to these protocols, your assistance will help us to offer a healthy and safe experience for all!
Please contact our reservations center at (407) WDW-GOLF if you have any additional questions. We recommend continuing to visit our website for further updates to our schedule.