The game of golf serves as an excellent way to exercise while promoting social distancing, and we are striving to continue providing this opportunity without interruption for the foreseeable future! Golf and FootGolf operations remain available on our regular schedule.
As we navigate through these unprecedented times as responsibly as we can, we have implemented a number of safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. We are all committed to responsibly operating Walt Disney® World.
Our focus remains on the health and safety of our facilities and those that frequent our premises – including the well-being of the Cast Members who care for our guests. We’re continuously evaluating new and enhanced safety measures to help us all stay well. We understand that these unprecedented times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can!
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Please follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World® Golf. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Walt Disney World® Golf, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Please assume the responsibility of keeping yourself and each other healthy!
For Guests arriving at our facilities, there are a number of key things to know before arriving at any of our golf facilities, and they include:
- No rental golf equipment is currently available
- Bunker rakes and ball washers have been removed from the course. A “preferred lie” ruling is in effect for when a ball lands within a sand bunker.
- We ask that you leave the flag sticks in the hole when putting as the bottom of the cup has been raised
- Current Florida state policy allows people to gather in groups of 10 or less with social-distancing required from each other, as well as other parties. This policy includes dining as well as playing golf, so while we encourage our guests to enjoy themselves with family and friends, we also remind everyone to be diligent with their health and safety. In alignment with this policy, we will now be pairing family and friends in the same golf car. Playing guests that do not know each other will be given the option to pair up, or ride alone, both based upon their individual preference. We are continuing to clean and sanitize all golf cars before and after all rounds.
- Golf Cart Coolers are sanitized and have been removed from off of the golf carts. They are available for use by request at our Food & Beverage outlets adjacent to our golf clubhouses.
- Sand bottles have been removed from our golf carts. Divots will be repaired by our maintenance team.
- Golf tees, scorecards, and pencils have been removed off of our golf carts, but are available by request when you check-in with our course Starter.
- On-course water fountains have been turned off at this time, and are not available for use.
- No group golf instructional clinics are being offered at this time, although private instruction is available.
Cleanliness and Sanitization
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas such as our food and beverage operations as well as within our golf clubhouses. Handrails, benches, doors, tables, handles, restrooms and more are all being given routine scrutiny. Additionally, Walt Disney World® Golf is providing supplemental hand sanitizing locations, and Guests are encouraged to regularly wash their hands while visiting our facilities.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact Guest Services to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
- You can pre-pay for your round of golf online by booking your tee time via this website. This will allow you to avoid the golf shop upon arrival
- At this time, we are requiring that all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options Credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, and mobile wallets such as Apple Pay can be utilized.
As we considered appropriate physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials, we have amended normal operating protocols and services as deemed appropriate. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of Guests and Cast Members at any given time for each location. Additional measures include:
- Informational signage has been installed to assist Guests to responsibly move throughout our property. Additionally, ground markings will help promote proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
- We are training Cast Members to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
- Please maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from others at all times, and not congregate in groups of 10 or more persons.
- Reduced capacity by 50% at our Food & Beverage outlets. Tables have been removed for extra spacing.
- Driving range capacities have been reduced by 50% with only every other bay available for hitting.
We’re further emphasizing our strong culture of health and safety among our Cast Members, and will continue to provide new training and reinforcement as we navigate through the different phases. As part of these efforts, Guests may see other changes to our retail and dining offerings. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to offer a magical Disney experience in a responsible way. Our staff have been directed to wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently, practice their own social distancing, while avoiding but also addressing crowded areas.
Thank you for choosing to play Walt Disney World® Golf, we look forward to welcoming you to the “Happiest Place on TURF!” We appreciate your support and adherence to these protocols, your assistance will help us to offer a healthy and safe experience for all!
Please contact our reservations center at (407) WDW-GOLF if you have any additional questions. We recommend continuing to visit our website for further updates to our schedule.