Walt Disney World® Golf Hosts The Isps Handa Demonstration Tournament Following The Invictus Games Orlando 2016
Walt Disney World® Golf, operated by Arnold Palmer Golf Management, is proud to have hosted the ISPS Handa Demonstration Golf Event on May 13, 2016 at Disney’s Magnolia golf course.
The event, which was attended by His Royal Highness, Prince Harry, followed the immensely successful Invictus Games Orlando 2016, held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex, located within The Walt Disney World® Resort, and was sponsored by Jaguar and Land Rover.
The Demonstration Golf Event (PDF) featured four national teams, each team comprised of two retired, wounded servicemen:
- Clayton McDaniel – Bilateral hip injury, short-term memory and hearing loss
- Jason Ellis – Lower body impairment
- Bernie Broad – Double below the knee amputee
- Andy Carlton – Single below the knee amputee
- Riad Byne – PTSD, knee, back and ankle injuries
- Michael Feyko – Neck, back and lower body limitations
- Samuel Bush – Fractured vertebrae and soft tissue damage
- Scott Tampalini – Gunshot wound left arm
The event was played over 9 holes in a better ball format, where each player plays his own ball and each team takes the lower of the two player’s scores on each hole. The two-man team with the lowest score after 9 holes wins and there were both a handicap adjusted Net and Gross divisions.
We congratulate Team Australia, who won the Net Division and Team Canada, who won the Gross Division!
We salute the courage of all the men and women who are willing to put themselves in harm’s way for a cause larger than they are. We are humbled by the challenges that our wounded warriors have faced and continue to overcome.
“I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.”