Walt Disney World® Golf Is Proud To Support #inviteHER
Attention all Females!
At Walt Disney World® Golf, operated by Arnold Palmer Golf Management we support the #inviteHER campaign, by offering:
- Personal and group lessons with our PGA of America professionals.
- Junior golf camps for younger golfers, ages 7 – 17.
- Access to current women’s model rental clubs and shoes for new golfers and/or those who may need newer equipment and are not yet ready to make the investment in new clubs.
- Opportunities to play 9 holes on our 18-hole courses via the Sunrise 9 and Sunset 9 programs, as well as at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course, which is a 9-hole walking course with a low pressure casual environment.
- Our Players Club program offers play on our courses at a substantial savings, merchandise and food & beverage discounts, access to our practice facilities with unlimited range balls, free daily group clinics, and other great benefits are all included for as low as $29 per month!
What is #InviteHer?
This past August We Are Golf and The LPGA Women’s Network, two prominent golf industry organizations, introduced the #inviteHER campaign with a focus on broadly raising awareness that women are under-represented in the sport and to facilitate increasing women’s participation in the game.
While women represent about half of the population in the United States, they are only about one quarter of the active golfing community. Of the estimated 2.6 million new golfers in 2017, 35% were women, so there is a clear trend in increasing participation by women.
The focus of the #inviteHER campaign is for currently active golfers to identify a woman in their life to experience the sport. Someone who may be new to the game, or who has not played in a while. Perhaps start by taking a lesson together, or go out and play 9 holes as a fun and easy introduction.
We look forward to welcoming you to the "Happiest Place on TURF!"